6/11/09

"My Block: Strong Island" -- A Film by Jordan Crafton and Tyrell Spencer

My Block: Strong Island by Jordan Crafton and Tyrell Spencer, both 21, is a documentary film about 15 Long Island young people overcoming obstacles as they reach for their dreams. The film premiered June 5th at their alma mater - Uniondale High.

The film provides a glimpse into lives of youths rarely presented on traditional Long Island media. As one commentator wrote after watching the film's trailer on video channel:
LI 12 News does not show the real Long Island. Im glad to see we are slowly steppin up and introducing truth to the rest of NY.
My Block is also about young African Americans from Long Island declaring their challenges, talents and dreams as no less legit or authentic than those of their counterparts in Brooklyn and Queens.

The My Block: Strong Island Trailer


My Block: Strong Island Teaser


My Block: Strong Island Extras


Links:
JDC Films
2 Uniondale High School alums to unveil film about LI

No comments:

Post a Comment